Wart removal home remedies provide a great alternative to expensive surgical procedures or harmful chemicals. Warts are skin growths that can vary in size as well and shape. They can be found anywhere on the body like the face, neck, sole of the feet, around the vulva and vagina in women, and penis and scrotum in men. Warts are caused by Human Papilloma Virus, which is transmitted directly or indirectly from an infected person.
Though warts do not cause major symptoms apart from slight itching and affecting the appearance of the affected individual, it becomes important to treat them as they are highly contagious. They can spread to other parts of your own body and also to other people. Different options for treating warts are available ranging from home remedies, cryotherapy to surgery. Wart removal home remedies are an effective and natural way to get rid of warts.
Some of the wart removal home remedies that not only treat warts but also prevent them from recurring are:
1. Castor oil: Castor oil is one of the most common home remedies for warts. Apply the oil on the wart and keep it overnight. Continuous use of castor oil for several warts helps in removing the wart.
2. Juices: Apple and pineapple juice are effective in fading away warts. Apply pineapple or sour apple juice to the wart thrice a day for one month.
3. Garlic: Crush the garlic and apply it to the affected area. Leave it there for few minutes and then remove it. Cover the wart with a bandage and keep it overnight. This allows the garlic oil to work on the wart. Wash your face in the morning. Repeat this method for few weeks as it loosens the wart which then falls off.
4. Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is one of the effective wart removal home remedies. Regular application of tea tree oil will dissolve the wart causing it to fall off.
5. Figs: The milky juice extracted from fresh figs can be applied directly to warts. Repeating this home remedy a number of times in a day effectively removes warts.
6. Apple cider vinegar: Another natural way to remove warts from the body is the use of apple cider vinegar. Daily consumption of one spoon of potassium-rich apple cider vinegar helps in getting rid of warts. Apple cider vinegar can also be applied directly to the wart with cotton. Apply bandage to the cotton soaked with apple cider vinegar and leave it the whole night. This home remedy has to be used regularly for few weeks.
7. Nail polish: The application of nail polish forms a thick coating on the wart and cuts off its oxygen supply. This causes the wart to wither and die.
8. Dandelion flowers: The roots of this plant secrete a powerful white-colored milky fluid. Rub that juice or fluid on the wart and keep it for some time before rinsing. This has to be repeated three times a day, which then causes the wart to dry out.
The above-mentioned wart removal home remedies are easy and simple to use. These safe and natural home remedies for warts are holistic ways to treat as well as prevent warts.