Procedures to remove warts often involve the use of salicylic acid in some way or the other. Salicylic acid has properties which can effectively remove warts that occur on the surface of the skin. Let us read some ways by which you can use Salicylic Acid for Warts:
Salicylic Acid for Warts
Salicylic Acid treatment is by far the least painful method for dealing with warts. The biggest advantage happens to be that you can easily procure drugs at the local pharmacy, without having to consult a doctor every time. Also, the prices are rather affordable when compared to other wart treatment drugs and procedures.
The percentage of salicylic acid in topical creams and ointments varies from 10% to 60%. Salicylic plaster contains about 30%. Of the remedies available, the following are the most common:
- Salicylic Acid cream for warts
- Salicylic acid in solution or gel
- Plasters impregnated with Salicylic Acid
- Salicylic Acid ointment for warts.
Salicylic Acid inhibits the production of sebum and sweat, eliminating the inflammatory process. Wart removal by salicylic acid has been employed for quite some time now.
Salicylic Acid Solution
A few things you should know before using the solution are
- Before applying a solution such as this, you have to use warm water on the area of the wart. This helps soften the skin, speeding up the process of healing.
- Treatments have to be carried out before going to bed. The solution should be directly applied to the affected areas, keeping in mind that the healthy skin should be protected from the solution. Bandage the wart with a plaster and wash the acid away in the morning. After long time treatment, the wart can be removed with a pumice stone.
Things to keep in mind before using Salicylic Ointment:
- 60% salicylic ointment is used to remove warts. For the best effect, clean skin with warm water before applying the ointment. Once your skin dries completely, apply the ointment. Use a thin layer over the affected areas.
- The surface that has been treated should be bandaged, hence this procedure is best carried out before bedtime. On waking, the following morning use a pumice stone on the surface of the wart.
- The course of the treatment depends on the severity of the wart. It should be continued until the wart goes away.
Salicylic Acid Pads
Things to keep in mind while considering Salicylic Acid pads:
- This method of treatment is by far the most comfortable of the aforementioned treatments. The salicylic acid pads can be purchased at the pharmacy. They contain sulphur and salicylic acid. The keratolytic effect of the salicylic acid dissolves the surface of the wart.
- Before sticking the pads onto your skin, clean the surface with warm water or steam. Ensure that the skin is completely dry. The plaster is to stay on for about two days. Once you remove the plaster steam the wart in warm water again. This softens the layers of skin furthermore, making it easy to remove with the help of a pumice stone.
- Repeat the process until the warts disappear.
Salicylic Acid can easily be the solution to combat those ugly warts. However, make sure that you do proper research before applying it on your warts.